https://aaopt.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/AAOPT-Logo.png 0 0 Kayla https://aaopt.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/AAOPT-Logo.png Kayla2022-06-29 14:23:242022-06-29 14:23:24Test News Update
The American Academy of Optometry Foundation is pleased to offer qualified Academy Fellows who are interested in conducting sponsored clinical investigations the opportunity to be listed in the AAOF Clinical Investigator Database.
Step 1: Eligibility Criteria
To be considered an experienced investigator eligible for inclusion in the AAOF’s Clinical Investigator Database you must:
· Be an FAAO in good standing.
· Have participated as either a PI or Sub-PI in at least 3 studies within the past 7 years.
· Have current CITI or equivalent certification (If you are a Fellow but do not yet have this certification, you may, through the generosity of Sterling IRB, earn it via the Academy’s link. See detailed instructions at the end of this document).
· Pass the Clinical Investigator Proof of Proficiency: If you meet the three eligibility criteria stated above you are eligible to take the clinical investigator Proof of Proficiency (see link below).
Step 2: Demonstrate understanding of clinical investigations via the Academy’s Proof of Proficiency Assessment
· Method of Administration: Online
· Test will be 40 questions, five from each of the eight areas in the American Academy of Optometry Foundation’s Clinical Investigator (CIC) course curriculum
· An 80 percent correct is necessary to pass each section.
· If you do not pass a given section, you will have the opportunity to retake the assessment for that section. You will not need to retake the assessment for sections in which you already scored 80% or higher.
Follow this link to get started on the Proficiency Assessment: https://www.aao-learning.org/courses/CICPOP
Step 3: Enter Site information into Database
Once you pass the proficiency assessment, you will receive an automated email with the passcode to enter your site information into the database.
NOTE: If you provide care at multiple locations, you will need to fill out a separate database form for each location.
Accessing the Sterling IRB CITI Courses:
Registering with CITI (New Users)
Current CITI Users
To obtain further technical assistance, please contact CITI support directly by phone at 888-529-5929.