The Academy has contracted with several hotels near the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and tourist district to offer attendees discounted rates. We encourage all meeting participants to both register for the annual meeting and reserve your hotels room within the official room block.
Booking a room at the contracted hotels benefits you and supports the Annual Meeting. When you book within the block, you help the Academy secure future meeting sites, enable us to provide some important features that participants have come to enjoy, and help keep the annual meeting registration fees lower.
Additional benefits for booking within the official Academy 2023 New Orleans contracted hotel block:
- Networking – Staying within the official hotel block you are more likely to take advantage of networking opportunities with other attendees. It’s easy to meet up with colleagues in hotel restaurants, lobbies, and bars when they’re conveniently located inside your hotel.
- Best Rate – The Academy has a built strong relationship with the hotel industry, allowing our partners to negotiate deep discounts on your behalf. Contracted rates are extremely hard to beat. However, if a lower rate is found, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you’re getting the best rate possible, even re-confirming your reservation at the new lower rate.
- Easily accessible — staying in a official hotel means less travel time, since you are already where you are supposed to be each morning, plus if you need a few minutes to yourself your room is only an elevator ride away. ** NOTE we will be providing daily SHUTTLE SERVICE from the headquarters hotel – The Hilton Riverside!
- Academy Support — should you encounter any issues with your stay at any of the contracted hotels, Academy staff can support you in getting them resolved with the hotel.
- No prepayment or deposit is required to hold reservations (on individual bookings) as only a credit card guarantee is needed at the time of booking.
- WIFI – complimentary guest room WIFI for attendees (for all hotels) that book within the contracted block.
BEWARE OF HOTEL POACHERS! These companies will entice/promise Academy attendees and exhibitors with hotel rates lower but will then attach hidden fees costing you more. These companies are NOT official partners of the American Academy of Optometry.
Orchid Events (801) 505-4100 is the only official hotel reservation company associated with the Academy 2023 New Orleans. While other hotel resellers may contact you offering hotel options, however they are not endorsed by or affiliated with the American Academy of Optometry. Beware that entering into financial agreements with non-endorsed companies can have costly consequences, and ultimately the Academy won’t be able to assist with non-contracted vendors.
- Official Headquarters Hotel of Academy 2023 New Orleans: Hilton New Orleans Riverside | 2 Poydras St, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130
- Embassy Suites by Hilton New Orleans Contention Center | 315 Julia St, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130
- Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center | 1201 Convention Center Blvd, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130
- Higgins Hotel, Curio by Hilton at the National WWII Museum | 1000 Magazine St, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130
- Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center | 1001 S. Peters St, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130
- Hyatt Place New Orleans Convention Center | 881 Convention Center Blvd, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130
- AFOS Hotel: InterContinental New Orleans | 444 St Charles Ave, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130
- New Orleans Marriott Warehouse Arts District | 859 Convention Center Boulevard, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130
- Omni Riverfront Hotel | 701 Convention Center Boulevard, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130
- Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel | 700 Tchoupitoulas Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130
- Westin New Orleans | 100 Iberville Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130